Bonalive® granules CMF is a smarter and more sustainable solution for medical professionals performing mastoid surgery.
Bonalive® granules CMF is a bone cavity filler intended for use in mastoid surgery. The reconstruction of chronically infected and discharging mastoid cavities is made more effective by using the healing capabilities of Bonalive® granules CMF. This allows new tissue to regenerate over a period of years, ensuring the patient’s body is given enough time to facilitate regeneration.
The most notable feature of the granules is their ability to naturally inhibit bacterial growth, significantly decreasing the need to use antibiotics. The clinical efficacy and performance of the granules has been proven over the past 20 years in mastoid surgery. Bonalive® granules CMF is verified as safe for use in pediatric surgery and consists only of elements that are naturally present in the human body.
By supporting the reconstruction of anatomical structures in the human body, the biodegradable S53P4 bioactive glass is gradually resorbed and replaced by natural tissue over a period of years. Bonalive® granules CMF radio-dense quality enables post-operative evaluation, allowing surgeons to monitor the healing of their patients.
- Mastoid cavity obliteration and nasal cavity narrowing
- Bone cavity filling in cranio-maxillofacial area including the jaw
- Frontal sinus obliteration after severe chronic sinusitis or fractures in the frontal bone area
Bonalive® granules CMF should not be applied:
- In acute infected tissues including an acute exacerbation of chronic osteomyelitis.
- To replace structures that are subject to strong mechanical stress.
- In patients with acute traumatic injuries with open external wounds close to the defect, which are likely to become infected.
- In patients that have received or are to receive chemo-therapy or radiation therapy at or near the implant site.
- In patients with known allergy to bioactive glass.
Complications may include normal post-surgical related symptoms such as tenderness, redness, edema, seroma and hematoma, swelling and fluid collection in the operation area.
Unit size | Granule size
- 2.5 cc | 0.5-0.8 mm
- 5 cc | 0.5-0.8 mm
- 53% SiO2
- 23% Na2O
- 20% CaO
- 4% P2O5
- CE marked
- Class III medical device
- Available in different unit sizes