Bonalive® putty is a highly moldable, easy-to-apply bone regeneration technology that naturally stimulates bone formation.
Bonalive® putty is an optimized bone graft substitute for orthopedic, trauma and spine surgery. The putty can be delivered directly to the bone defect without mixing or preparation.
A bioactive, osteoconductive and osteostimulative* synthetic bone cavity filler, the putty is delivered as a sterile ready-to-use paste, requiring no mixing, moistening or other preparation. It consists of S53P4 bioactive glass in addition to a synthetic binder, i.e. a blend of polyethylene glycols (PEGs) and glycerol.
The putty’s radiodense quality enables post-operative evaluation, allowing surgeons to follow the healing of their patients. Unlike the granules, Bonalive® putty does not inhibit bacterial growth.
Filling, reconstruction and regeneration of bone defects
Indications for use
Bony voids and gaps
Bonalive® putty should not be applied:
- In acutely or chronically infected tissues
- To replace structures that are subject to mechanical stress without proper stabilization
- In patients with acute traumatic injuries with open external wounds close to the defect, which are likely to become infected
- In patients that have received or are to receive chemo-therapy or radiation therapy at or near the implant site
- In patients with known allergy to bioactive glass, PEG and/or glycerol
Complications may include normal post-surgical related symptoms such as tenderness, redness, edema, seroma and hematoma, swelling and fluid collection in the operation area.
- 1 cc | Ref. 16110
- 2.5 cc | Ref. 16120
- 5 cc | Ref. 16130
- 10 cc | Ref. 16140
- 53% SiO2
- 23% Na2O
- 20% CaO
- 4% P2O5
- Polyethylene glycols (PEGs) and glycerol
- CE marked
- Class III medical device
- Available in different unit sizes